Monday, September 21, 2009

The Beginning

Blogging, never thought the day would come for me.

To start off, I look at this more as an e-Journal; a place to record not only my time spent in the sports rehabilitation lab at the University of Salford but as well as my free time in Manchester, England. About six months ago I was approached by Brian Zeller(Athletic Training Professor at WSU) through a powerpoint presentation offering an exchange program to study at the University of Salford in Manchester. After, I knew this was a chance of a lifetime considering I would be just entering my Junior year, receiving 16 transfer credits towards my major of Athletic Training/Physical Therapy not to mention living in Manchester for a whole semester.

"Freshers Week"

Like most Universities, there is what we call a "Freshman Orientation Week"; a time for the freshman to get use to the whole idea of being at a University. Salford's fresher week came to an end yesterday with Lindsay Mitch and I( two other students from WSU on this exchange) program) at the campus pub playing British pool(smaller table & lighter balls; not so American). Throughout the week we had scheduled meeting times on main campus with our program leaders to give us a gist of what is to come this semester for class load. Well to be honest, after this freshers week I would say British student's mind sets are slightly different; play then work instead of work then play. Finally, as an American their are three essential rules to surviving in England: always look both ways when crossing the road, never assume one's football allegiance and if you don't drink beer it's the wrong country for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment